For a quick and easy dessert try our take on the all-American peach cobbler. Variations abound, but we decided on a particularly simple method that sits somewhere between muffin and sponge. A baked pudding, served warm, you could be forgiven for thinking that this dessert belongs to winter. But then you taste the peaches and all the flavours of summer come flooding in.
Recipe for peach cobbler
4 ripe peaches, stoned and chopped into large chunks
3 tbsp sugar (demerara is good for texture)
For the batter
250g plain flour
250g light brown soft sugar
1 heaped tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
- Beat together the milk, egg, vanilla.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar and baking powder.
- Mix the wet and dry mixes together.
- Pour the melted butter in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Pour in the batter.
- Top with the peaches.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 180C for about 45 minutes or until the pudding is cooked through.
- Serve warm with thick cream or ice cream.
Sign up for our emails below, so we can send you blogs on gardening tips, as well as updates on our sales, so you don’t miss out on those garden furniture bargains!